Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies
Summary: Like chocolate covered cherries in cookie form!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup slivered almond
- 1/2 small jar of maraschino cherries + juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks, cherries, and almonds.
- Drop in large 2 tablespoon-sized balls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Beware, this batter will be sticky to work with, but the cookies will come out great.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring. Once cooled, these cookies should be firm at the outside edge, and filled with moist chocolate cherry goodness in the center.
Cooking time (duration): 45
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert